MENORCA: GR-223, “EL CAMÍ DE CAVALLS”.
The GR-223 is a circular route along the coast of the island of Menorca, consisting of 16 beautiful stages, with a total length of 185 km. Although the island is small and there is little ascent on the different parts of the coast, Menorca is very attractive and there is much to discover:
– Remains of ancient talayotic culture more than 2500 years ago
– English influence in architecture,
– Dozens of pristine beaches for swimming
– beautiful sunny trails on the coast
– mythical lighthouses in different enclaves, to enjoy an unforgettable sunset
– kilometers of millennial dry stone walls
– the charming town of Ciutadella,
– the port of Maó, one of the largest natural harbors in the world
– Large selection of cheese and typical meat and sausage specialties of the island
– Menorca has far less tourism than Majorca and Ibiza
For all hikers who have already discovered the imposing island of Mallorca, we invite you to discover the tranquil island of Menorca with a 1-week program, during which you can visit the most beautiful stages of the island and discover the culture and typical Menorcan landscape.
In contrast to the GR-221 in Mallorca, the coastal path Menorca is not equipped with public places for the accommodation of hikers. For this reason, we recommend booking accommodation in one of the many hotels on the island, preferably in Ciutadella or in the center of the island to facilitate daily transfers.
What is included in our one-week Menorca program with its GR-223?
Daily transfer to and from the accommodation
5 days hiking through different stages of the north or south coast
Picnic lunch with typical Menorcan ingredients such as sausage, cheese and wine.
Visit the most unique places and monuments of the island
Possibility to book flights, hotels, pensions or apartments through a specialized travel agency: www.sollertours.es
Groups of 6 or more. Reservations year-round, except in the months of July and August due to high summer temperatures and lack of availability of accommodation.
Price: only 60 € /day (guide, transport and daily picnic included)
Accommodation in Hotel from 45 €/night in Single Room with breakfast (Upon availability)
Come and discover MENORCA with Mallorca Walks!